Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat Liam never seems to want to give me a break...

A cliff notes history: He has FLUTD, He has had the PU surgery 2 months ago so he would not block (technically he can still block but it would be very rare), his last Bladder ultrasound was 3 days ago and he had minimal sludge and no large size debris, and he had a one week steroid injection on Monday for inflammation.

He has been urinating normally since his injection on Monday (he received it for urethral inflammation). Then he goes into his litter box and produces a ping pong ball sized clump. His normal clumps are 3 to 5 times larger than this. The last time he urinated normally was less than 8 hours before this. He did not appear to be straining. He did not vocalize. Has this ever happen to you? Is it normal for a cat to occasionally produce a small amount of urine?

·
Registered
979 Posts
My cat's a voyeur that will use the box if anyone goes into that room. When she does this, usually the clumps are very small because she's just doing it for kicks rather than because she actually has to go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My cat must be a voyeur as well because he just went into the litter box and produced a normal sized clump. -sigh- Sometimes I think Liam might be trying to send me to the funny farm. He probably thinks it is a real farm and it would be fun.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Isn't it interesting how life can start to revolve around cat pee and poo? My latest issue is watching for any signs of diarrhea so I can scoop the kittens out of the box before they step on it while covering it up (aka scratching everywhere else in the box, the sides of the box, the poo, etc), but my cat Tugs blocked once, so I'm also always on the prowl checking out his litter box like a weird potty stalker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree I know way to much about my cat's urinary habits... Glad to know I am not the only one. I love kittens, but I do not miss their litter habits. When I spoke to my vet this morning, she stated a ping pong ball once in a blue moon was okay. If it becomes frequent that is when it will become a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts