Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I don't know if I am coward if a lot of times I don't look when we are warned about the material posted. I shed tears almost every day for animals in the streets, not to mention I am stressing over how I am going to keep up with feeding the ferals all the time...I hope it is not seen as something bad. It takes a lot of me and it is so difficult to cope with it.
We were going to the Sate Fair today and saw a raccoon whose rigor mortis let me to believe he died in pain, on the side of the road..I wonder how long that took! How terrible!
I will keep an eye on the thread and maybe find out from the comments what it is about. Dogs have a very special place in my heart - I am devasted each time I see their loyalty taken for granted - I am referring to dog fights and others things as such, when the dogs are only an instrument into achieving mischievous actions.

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's totally understandable, Iona. You're doing all you can. I know, and I'm sure many people here feel the same way, but I only wish I could do all that you do for animals, and especially your ferals. :D

I am also interested in what people have to say about this video...

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...the ending was the best part, though. Kind of made it worthwhile. But like I said, I understand...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
people make me sick..

I try not to get involved in these kinds of things, because it's so hard for me to get WAY to emotional. Any animal can be trained to be mean. Pitbulls have always gotten a bad wrap. It's not fair. My aunt has a pitbull Silvia, who is the sweetet loving dog ever. She sleeps with my cousin Katie, everynight. People are ignorant, and have stereotypes they are not willing to give up.

P.S. if you can get past the fist 15 pics.. it's all good!!! more than half of it is great stuff!!!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Thank you for understanding, Spacemonkey.
It is good to keep the interest high so people that are not aware of these crimes realize that actions need to be taken so animals don't suffer in such a manner.
I will keep an eye on the thread so I can see other people's views.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Oh my, so sad! I did need tissues ...

The rap is very unfair. Growing up, I had a freind with a Pit Bull and a Rotweiler ... both were the sweetest dogs in the world (and we all know even well-intentioned children can be less than gentle at times). I remember dragging the dogs into our sleeping bags ... and a few other things, and never even getting snapped at. It's definately in the owners ... if you abuse a dog, or train a dog to attack, can you blame them when their signals get crossed? I don't think so.

Those first images were horrible. What is wrong with people?

G

·
0 Posts
I saw that video on the pit bull forum that I'm a member of. I own a rottweiler and a pitbull/? mix (don't know what she's mixed with). As we all know, both dogs have got a bad reputation that they are not deserving of.

I'm glad this is making its rounds, the more people we educate the better.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Not sure how many of you know this, but pitbulls have now been banned in Ontario, Can. Right now we have a pitbull that bit someone who was breaking up a dog fight. I really hope they take that into consideration and I hope he makes it up for adoption.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I am completely against dog (breed) banning. I have personally had bad experiences with a german shephard (bit my face open when I was 2), great dane (sister and I chased down in our own yard) and most recently a pit bull (neighbor's dog broke its chain to chase my Yorkie and I - thankfully it was wearing a muzzle). In each of these cases, it was the owner's fault for raising their dog improperly. I do not hold any of these dogs or their breed responsible.

The way some people treat animals and disregard their pain is despicable.

This video did make me tear up, but it was the last half of the video that did me in. After seeing the first images, the late ones only made me sadder to know that so many don't get a chance in a loving home.

How your pet behaves (or misbehaves) is a clear reflection of you and how you treat it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
:( I get so emotional about animals too. I refuse to watch animal cops. I hate the thought of seriously sick or injured animlas...it just makes my heart sink.

I have a 6 month old American Pit Bull Terrier. He is the sweetest, cutest puppy. http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6214 (pics my boyfriend has posted...if interested). He is extremly intelligent too.

I have had so many people stop and ask to pet him. They say how cute he is and then they ask what kind of dog he is. I tell them and they kinda of pull away and leave. Poor Boomer :( Pit Bull's get a bad rap.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
fbodgrl said:
:( I get so emotional about animals too. I refuse to watch animal cops. I hate the thought of seriously sick or injured animlas...it just makes my heart sink.

I have a 6 month old American Pit Bull Terrier. He is the sweetest, cutest puppy. http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6214 (pics my boyfriend has posted...if interested). He is extremly intelligent too.

I have had so many people stop and ask to pet him. They say how cute he is and then they ask what kind of dog he is. I tell them and they kinda of pull away and leave. Poor Boomer :( Pit Bull's get a bad rap.
Good lord he's SO CUTE! If I didn't think it was unfair to keep a doggie cooped up in my apartment, I might just get myself one. Alas, I think it's just big enough for Scotty and I (maybe a brother or sister for Scotty).

G

·
0 Posts
fbodgrl said:

WOW!! I'm on pit bull forum too!! Same screen name as here. Your pup is adorable!!

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
I think what makes people so fearful of pitbulls is thier brute strength.
A pitbull can take a fully grown mans arm off, because they are just pure muscle, and so when a pitbull does bite you hear about it more.
Personally I am extreemly nervous around dogs I do not know after being attacked by a rotvieler. What I hate is that these are a "hard mans dog" and teenagers too. Here pitbulls are banned, but many people have staffies (Staffordshire bull terrier) gangs of teenagers go around with them and threaten people, its imposible to keep up with them all.

·
Registered
299 Posts
This is a really big issue right now where i live, and in most of Ontario, i copied the link and forwarded it to over 50 people, hopefully it will spread like wildfire and really make and impact.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts