Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I want you to meet my 9 week old kittens, Pixel [the female with the white nose.] and Jet [the male with the black nose.]

Just wondering if anyone's seen any coloration like this on non-pedigree kittens? Their mom was black and white and their dad was a black mixed breed!

I love them. :love2

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
They look like they have some Snowshoe or Ragdoll in them. Adorable! I love little white feet!!!

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
thinking that the pointing/siameese/snowshoe genetics must have some strong expression.. pics show yeti's mom, yeti, and his sister(anni) from an earlier litter..(yeti's moms last litter was a pair of black and whites) very cute pair you have.. We have had a cat or two that have lived full,long and healthy lifes with heart murmurs,, just depends on the type and degree, best wishes.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awwh good to hear! The vet said she has the potential to grow out of it, so hopefully when we go back in 3 weeks she'll be fine! Those are some beautiful colorations! Anni's colors are stunning!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! They're little lightening bolt now! They seem to have settled right in. Let them run around the top floor of the house last night & they're loving it. =)

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
They are beautiful kittens!

With Pixel you'll have to be careful she doesn't over do herself. Doran had a heart murmer when he was a kitten, a bad enough on ethat our vet though he might need surgery for it. He did grown out of it finally, now vets can only hear it when he's super stressed, otherwise it's not even there.

When Doran was young I'd excersise him every day, it helped keep him managable 'cause he was a little monster! It also helped keep his heart strong. Also make sure you're feeding a good food, I firmly believe that Doran's good diet helped his murmer go away.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Beautiful kitties you have :love2

My friend takes care of a stray colony and recently the black and white cat had a litter and one of the babies was a snowshoe look alike like yours ! I am always amazed to see the different colors/looks you can get in a litter.

Your babies are adorable. I'm a sucker for the blue eyes.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Sure looks like Snowshoe genes there.....the white moustache----how adooorable is that! and the other little one spot on the black nose double adooorable. Very interesting color....they look like seal point Snowshoes from the front, but the back of one is Cream Classic Tabby! Very gorgeous unique cats. Lucky you!

My Alkee has a slight heart murmur too and it is transient....sometime vet can hear it, sometimes not. Alkee's 7 y.o. now and showing no signs of heart disease (no panting or lethargy). I wouldn't worry about it. A friend had a cat with a gr5 heart murmur that lived to 15 y.o.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts