Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Cat Lovers,

I'm in the process of making a plan to ensure my Cats will be able to live out their days in the surroundings they are used to should my wife and I pass on before they do. Has anyone made arrangements for their cats to be cared for?

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
My best friend will take my girls if something happens to me.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
That is a most excellent question. I do not know what will happen to Blackie if I kick the bucket. Perhaps the vet office would take him back.. I should ask my son what he thinks.

I did offer to take my neighbor's cat if something happened to her. I don't believe she thought I was serious.

MY biggest question is what will happen to my pet reptile? Much smaller number of people want to take in a herp. :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
I contacted a couple of shelters in my area last year to see if they would take any remaining cats of mine along with a donation to pay for their care, but one shelter had closed and another one only takes in cats if they can find foster homes for them. I have no family to take them and my friends either aren't cat people or already have twice as many as they want. So I don't know what to do. I'm going to consult with an attorney about it once I convince my husband that it's necessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi friends,
Thanks for your input.
My wife and I have had precious relationships with our furry companions over 45 years and are on our third generation. These four cute kitties are 1-3 years old and we just turned 70, so just do the math and you can see my worry. My estate plan would be to make arrangements so my cats could live their days in the only home and fenced in the backyard they've ever known. I've got a bit of planning to work on.
Take care,
Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
I have no family members that could take in my two Devons----my daughter has a Min. Schnauzer that hates cats, and my son has 3 dogs that don't like cats either. Most of my friends already have pets and don't want any more. I do have confidence that someone from my vet's office may be interested as my cats are very well behaved and the assistants are always oohing and awwing whenever they go there. Even if they had to go to the local shelter, I know that being purebreds with sweet personalities that they would be adopted quickly.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Well, they're looking at me! Devons adore their owners and as I type this I have Zuba and Fitty Pisky (clever pixie in Devon English) in my lap! Devons are like your shadow.....always with you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh, I've never thought about something like that. I think, that my brother will take care of my cat
Upd: he officially agreed to take my cat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts