Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this Friday's the 4th!!! Anyone got any plans?

4th of July weekend!:cool:

I might have my annual corn boil, or I might let a friend do the honors!

Remember: have the cataway ready and stalked with water!

Hope the weather holds out...

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
We are running an adoption special at the shelter: all cats brought in between January and June 2014 are $17.76. Includes neutering, shots and microchip. No wonder our city is broke. :wink

I'll be there most of the day Friday and all day Saturday to get these overcrowded shelter furbabies adopted (not mine - except maybe Homer and Depot to a neighbor).

Saturday my other neighbor is have a BBQ but we may be rained out with that tropical depression/hurricane heading our way.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
My church is having a to do that night, but I don't know. My two big boys freak out from the fireworks. I will talk to vet about sedating Mow so he doesn't hurt himself....

I'm leaning towards staying home with my furkids.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
I have a few friends coming over...we're gonna boil up some lobsters, clam chowder etc. One of them is talking about going to the local fireworks, but I've done that several times and it's nothing much exciting. I think I'll be happy to sit here and watch the Boston fireworks and the Pops on TV.

·
Registered
779 Posts
You can always go to Boston tomorrow night (provided Arthur isn't storming us) and hear the Pops rehearsal. You'll only have 75,000 other people to deal with instead of hundreds of thousands :p

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
I think I'll pass on that too! :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
The fireworks are going to be on the 3rd now. On the 4th if the weather cooperates, maybe a cookout..

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
We have people from America over for a mission in our church - they are doing a special event for our kids on the 4th.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They're having fireworks downtown. I miss when they'd have them in a vacant field down the street, I'd just watch them out on the porch!

One of my friends is having family in this weekend. Rowdy bunch! lol

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
My church is having a to do that night, but I don't know. My two big boys freak out from the fireworks. I will talk to vet about sedating Mow so he doesn't hurt himself....

I'm leaning towards staying home with my furkids.
Try putting him a room and running a fan or radio for background sound. It will drown out most of it.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
No it won't. The kids in the complex (kids of all ages) like to gather in my. cult de sac and set them off. It's so loud it rattles my windows. There's no drowning it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts