Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing cookouts, fireworks, outings, camping? Corn roasts? Corn boils? :lol:

I'm going to a cookout with some friends, gonna check out the fireworks downtown!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Independence Day? if so, we have an American mIssion over here for the date so everything will be up to them!!

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I have a quiet plan for the day...going to an early morning spin class, going out for coffee with my parents, hanging out with the furkids, and maybe fireworks at night.

·
Super Moderator
26,442 Posts
Early morning home spin class (cats + hardwood floors), going out for drinks with friends, which may lead to fireworks later. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
26,442 Posts
Definitely!!!

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Going to the ranch. I believe there will be other family members besides me and my mom there, just not really sure who.

For us it's more of a time to have time with each other, as opposed to celebrating our independence. And being a family of animal lovers (not to mention owners of pastures of grasslands), we just don't light fireworks.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Friday night, Saturday night, AND Sunday night will be filled with fireworks. That means MowMow sticking to me like he's glued there (in 100 degree heat). Neelix running from hiding spot to hiding spot growling, and Book just plain hiding......

I hate fireworks.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I'm Working...and hubby is on call all weekend...:eek:
I hate the idea of no one there for all the 'Kids'...:(
I'll have to leave the stereo on louder than usual, and refill all their catnip toys with fresh catnip...

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
We are having some close friends over for hot dogs, brats, and pork tenderloin shish-ka-bobs, corn on the cob, baked beans, assorted fruits, plenty of adult beverages including home made strawberry daiquiris and fellowship. Really looking forward to it. Nice that it is rain or shine = we have a screened in porch to sit on it if rains (50% chance).

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Spin class sounds fun!

Sounds like you've got a nice spread, Marcia! Aren't screened in porches GREAT? To get EVERYONE in the mood, download some De Souza for the cat room!

I've heard West Side Cats is doing a garage sale on the 4th. They'll need volunteers...

Hope they've got brats...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
We'll be going to some fireworks, and having a family cookout on Saturday as usual! :) I absolutely love grilling out for holidays, all of our family members bring delicious sides/desserts and my mom cooks the meat.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Weather forecast for that day is 92 F right now, so I plan to be hermit and hide away in the shade. I work that night anyway, so I'm probably going to sleep as much as I can during the day, like my cats. I just hope the fireworks don't scare them when I leave. Ugh. not sure if I should leave the windows open because of the retaining heat or close most of it off. :( Poor kitties.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
TC,
If there's even a slim possibility, that Maya, and G, could panic enough, to go thru a screen...
I think I'd close the windows, since it's the 4th...fireworks! Ugh!
S.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Thanks, Sharon. I don't want the smoke getting in if it's bad, and if it's close by, I'm sure they'd freak out with all the noise. They will have to tolerate a bit of heat that night.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fireworks get Robin worked up! He paces, pants and jumps at shadows.Maybe I'll swing by my friend's place tomorrow night and bring Robin . Norm lives on a quieter part of the street, and likes when we come to visit!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
:p Isn't that kind of ....awkward.... celebrating Independence Day from the people you became independent from?
Not at all! In the U.K. we even keep fighting to get free of each other!! LOL!

And so many other places became independent either before or after it's not that unusual. My father was actually in India on their original independence day and celebrated with them.

I spent one Independence Day in the United States and loved it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts