Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

i have a question about play therapy...

i have 2 kitties right now a 7 year old female and a 4 year old male.

normally they are the sweetest things, never EVER hissing or growling at each other.. they share food and water and sleeping places.....

but when we introduced "da bird" to them, things changed....
during play sessions, when the male cat catches the bird, he starts growling and hissing at the other kitty...

the female kitty never hisses or growls at him....

is this normal behavior?

i hope this does not encourage aggressive behavior towards each other...

once and a while they will play fight, but they have never had a problem with each other, never fought, and up unitll "da bird" came into their lives, they have NEVER hissed or growled.....

should i play with them sepratly?

thanks for the advice!

[hyp]

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Well, growling is a warning...stay away. And hissing is fear based, leave me alone. Once he catches it, it's his! So, I'd either play with them separately, or once he catches it, quickly play with her with something else, so that she doesn't try to go close to him.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funny thing is, shes not even trying to get it from him when he growls...
she is usually just sitting there...

she seems quite indiffrent when he shows agression..
shes an extremely self-confident cat, NOTHING scares her... very curious and intelligent... i belive she was raised in a 1 cat household shes VERY VERY attached to humans she follows us around like a dog, opens doors, grooms us, even brings us toys when she wants to play....

whereas hes a bit of a fraidy cat (even tho hes HUGE! atleast double her size) but loud noises and sudden movements scare him...

perhaps its his lack of self-confidence that makes him growl?

[hyp]

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Hehe he sounds like my Twinkie and the girl cat is just like my cat Sugar. And yes Twinkie is very unconfident in himself sometimes so that may be why.... :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts