Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do people think of this 'play time gift set'? Might it get my middle aged, bone idle kitty off his fat bum do you think? He has put on a TON of weight due to becoming hypothyroid (was on too high a dose of medication to control hyperthyriodism) -so some exercise needed me thinks!

Gift Set: Play Time - Great deals at zooplus!

Any thoughts much appreciated! ;)

·
Registered
801 Posts
I wouldn't pay 45 American dollars for that, no.
Laser pointers are usually a hit, but you can get them pretty cheap, the Fun Board looks like a unique way to feed him, but I'm sure you could find it elsewhere for cheaper, and the Cheese Corner could be hit or miss in my opinion.

I'd probably try things like Da Bird (or cheaper versions of it at pet stores for £2.43 or so), mice filled with catnip, crinkly balls, shoe strings and food dispensers that are more interactive. Our Pet's Go Cat Go Play-N-Treat Balls Dispenser at PETCO
You could also try taking him for walks or buying him a cat tree. ^^

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't pay 45 American dollars for that, no.
Laser pointers are usually a hit, but you can get them pretty cheap, the Fun Board looks like a unique way to feed him, but I'm sure you could find it elsewhere for cheaper, and the Cheese Corner could be hit or miss in my opinion.

I'd probably try things like Da Bird (or cheaper versions of it at pet stores for £2.43 or so), mice filled with catnip, crinkly balls, shoe strings and food dispensers that are more interactive. Our Pet's Go Cat Go Play-N-Treat Balls Dispenser at PETCO
You could also try taking him for walks or buying him a cat tree. ^^
He has a cat tree - which he sleeps on. :lol: And he runs away from 'Da Bird' (he is a very timid cat). I did try a harness once - that was an absolute disaster! He went bonkers, thinking the 'leash monster' was out to get him. Wont be trying that again!

He does like catnip toys and has several of those he plays with - just looking for something 'different' I guess ;) The food dispenser option looks interesting.

·
Registered
801 Posts
If he's afraid of Da Bird, try just a shoe string. Lay it out in front of him and slowly pull it away. It's always been a bit hit with my cats. xD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts