• Other (please specify in a reply)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I play with my cat throughout the day (chasing him or being chased from, say, my room to the bathroom). I don't really set aside time to play. I just wondered about everyone's play schedules, if any.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Addison tends to get frisky at about 5am... so he likes to sprint as fast as he can front one end of the house to the other (while everyone is asleep). Other than that he doesn't come out of my room much. I try to play with him a few times a night (he sleeps most of the day) but the sessions never last too long before he gets bored. I'm starting to think he doesn't like to play :cry:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thomas demands that I play with him several times during the day. He brings me toys and we play with them.

Kitty feels that chasing after toys is beneath her. But she'll watch if I want to play with them.

I was actually suprised yesterday when she tried to get a toy I was holding in front of her. She looked a little suprised too...like..."oops, I forgot I'm a diva".

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I clicked "other" because Sabby doesn't have a set play schedule. It varies every day. Usually he wants to snuggle with me right when I get home from work. His snuggle sessions are usually him pacing back and forth across my lap while I pet and scratch him. Then he gets fed and lays down for a while. Usually in the evenings I play with him until he gets too feisty.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I am defently an other. We play whenever we have time. Sometimes it's only once a day, sometimes we play 4 or 5 times a day. It all depends on my work load.. since i work from home, and how they feel.. So basically when they want to play, we play.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I had to say other because my cat likes to be near me in a weird scedual. Sometimes he doesn't play with me for a while - but then I end up playing with him almost none stop for a month. Of course his idea of playing is me grooming him or petting him. Sometimes if I get into a couch potato mode - he likes to lay on me and get none stop pets for hours.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I play with my cat Corey random times throughout the day..it might be in the afternoon or especially at night time around midnight **** come chasing at me and stares at me until i start running after him...I play with him whenever he feels like playing :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
We play whenever they want to. Lately we have been supplementing / replacing playtime with going outside for walks and grooming. The grooming isn't necessary really because they are 99.9% indoor and DSH's, but it is yet another way to spend time and stimulate them. We try to tire them out before bed, and then hit 'em up with some turkey as a snack. Tired cats + triptophan from turkey = good sleep for us. Also, we are being more creative with their toys............it is amazing how long a hair scruchie thing can hold their attention.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I voted "other". I play with them throughout the day for short periods, when I have time or when they look like they want to play. They also get their outside walkies, so I didn't know what category that fell into. :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Kiera isn't as amused by normal toys as most cats I see... but she loves pens! Yes, that's right, PENS! SHe knocks them off tables, and tries to pick them up with her paws and take them all over the room. Then eventually she pushes it under the couch, tries to get it for a while, and then moves on. Once I finally cleaned out under the couch and I found 6 pens and 4 pencils! I think she was trying to sell them for profit...

Another favorite is empty envelopes when i'm sorting through my junk-mail. She pounces them like they are living things!

-Heather :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts