Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cat who is so sweet. We love him, and cuddle him, and he cuddle's us. But we've experienced a problem with him since our adoption. HE WON'T BE QUIET!!! 8O We've tried everything! We've tried ignoring him until he's quiet, we've tried lightly spritzing him with water or air, we've even tried overly pampering him to the point he's sick of it. Nothing works, and we're not going to try to us medication on him.

He's had a recent bladder surgery and he still seems to be in a little pain, so does anyone think that could be the cause?

If not, please give us any suggestions you think would help!!! And no medication suggestions please!! :idea: :idea: :idea:

·
Registered
4 Posts
This might be a long shot, but have you tried playing music for him? When I brought my kitten home for the first time, I had a three hour drive, and it seemed like she was going to cry the whole way. But as soon as I put on some music, she quieted right down and sat calmly in her carrier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We've had him for about a week. He's seems happy and comfortable, and we give him pain meds for the surgery. The surgery was also about a week ago.

We've tried music, and that quiets him a little. When we pick him up, he also quiets down. We have had a problem with the meds, where he keeps throwing up because of them, so that could be the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We've actually already called the doctor and he said to make sure my cat eats right after he takes the meds or he'll get an upset stomach. It's seemed to work, cause he hasn't spewed yet.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Okay that's good. How old is your cat? If he's still a kitten, he may outgrow his talkativeness...or, he could just be like my Midnight. I've had her since she was 8 months old (she'll be five years old in September) and she hasn't shut up since... :yikes :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts