Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning before I left for work I remarked a short hair in my kitty’s eye. It doesn’t seem to bother her at all. But it is stuck exactly in the middle of her eye. How should I take it out? She will try to scratch if I will try to get it out… do you have some advice for me?

I am using contact lenses and I need to apply eye drops every evening. These eye drops are very good for eye moisture and make me eyes hydrated. Could I theoretically drop 1 drop to my kitty’s eye?

In best case, the hair will be gone by the time I will come home from work…

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If the drops are saline only, they should be OK. But your moisture drops would have other ingredients that might irritate her eye.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I would be surprised if she hadn't worked it out herself by the time you got home, but if she didn't..just rinse her eye out with plain saline (no additives).

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys!

As you assumed, ginfis seemed to solve this problem by herself because when I came home from work the hair was not in her eye anymore.

I need to read something more about salina solution you mentioned. I am in France and I am not sure if I understand clearly what it is...

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I was in the same situation few months before, and people here also suggested saline solution. However, I cannot find it in our drugstore, so I asked my vet, who suggested the concact lense rinse. It works great. Metoo's eyes don't have any reaction to it. But do make sure you get the one without preservertive.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
LOL, I wish someone could mention this to me before... Save half hour of my life in the drug store checking every box to find a Saline. There is no mentioning of Saline on the box of my contact lense rinse :/

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Saline solution is sodium chloride (salt) and distilled water. (But I don't know the correct proportions - you could probably find it online somewhere)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts