Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 16 year old female cat just gave birth to a dead kitten and the kitten came out with the legs first.Before that we didnt even know she is pregnant because it didnt show that on her.Seldom she goes out to take a fresh air but she comes back in the house very fast.Please can you tell me if its dengarous and why she gave only a birth to one kitten that came out with the legs first and it was all blue.Since in our town there is no vet i really apprechiate if you give me any advice and tell me what could it be.Do you think there is a possibility the dead kitten was staying inside her for a long time a year or so?i mam so confused and worried please help it happened today.
Thank you :(

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
You try try and gentely feel her to see if you can feel anymore kittens.
If she is not spayed then why do you let her go out may i ask?
SHe really should go to the vet and be fully checked over, I would suggest spaying her, but i dont know if shes too old now and so risky, 16 is old for a cat. Unspayed cats are more likely to have infections of the uterus, this may be why she had a still born kitten. If it came out back feet first it may well have also suffercated.
Either way you really must take her to the vets for a check over.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Gosh, I would think 16 would be too old for a cat to get pregnant? :?
I agree she needs to see the vet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my cat

The cat is behaving normal now she sleeps a lot as usual and the only big problem i see so far is that she has milk, but no one can use it If she start showing any negative simptoms i will have to find a car get her to the nearest vet that is 3-4 hours away from my small town in Bulgaria.Yes sadly enough we dont have a vet :cry:
Thank you

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Cats will hide syptoms very well, in the wild an ill cat is an easy meal, and so they dont show thier illnesses. My cat vienna cut her stomach open once, im still to know how she managed it, she had about a 2 inch clean cut in the middle of her belly. The emergency vet was away with an emergency so i had to wait until morning to get her seen, yet that evening she slept, ate and ran around like a nutter (she was a kitten at the time) but if you touched near the wound she pulled away. Your cat is obviously ill and needs veternary treatment, even tho she shows signs of being fine she may well be very ill.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Your cat still needs to go to the vet, in the mean time keep her indoors. If she is really 16 years old that is much to old to be getting inpregnated.
She could have something wrong, including still having kittens inside of her which is life threatening. She needs to see a doctor there's no way around it, bring her to one as soon as you can get a car, and good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts