Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm sorry you had to give your cat up. My "non allergic" parents were hardliners on the no pet front, so I had to wait too. You might want to try pasting the photo in your post - you might get a response. I'd suggest you look in a cat book or magazine or online cat associations to try to spot your kitty. You can also read up on the breed descriptions to see if the temperment was the same as your kitty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is really hard to tell by the pictures. Are you sure she was a purebred cat? It kinda looks like her nose is slightly shorter than a regular domestic cat. Is that correct? If so, I'd say she was a mix of domestic longhair and persian or scottish fold (those are the only two cat breeds I know of with compressed muzzle).

The best cats that ever owned me, I rescued from the shelter. So at least keep that as an option. They all have different personalities anyway. Most shelters allow you to keep the cat for a week to make sure you're a good match too. And rescue cats are waaaay cheaper than a purebred.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I *know* I've already seen these pics AND answered your breed question ... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68513

Oh, she was pretty! She reminds me of a 'breed', but I'll be *darned* if I can remember the name! Did she have a short muzzle, like the Persian cats ... but also had a shorter hair coat, very different from the long-haired Persians? I *think* the breed may have been called "Exotic" or "Exotic Shorthair". I'll have to search.

Okay! There IS a breed called Exotic Shorthair. Here is a link to the Cat Fancier's Association info about the breed: http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/exotic.html

It looks like they come in all colors:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts