Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mango went to the vet this morning for her first series of shots. Since the shelter takes care of all that I didn't even have to go. The woman from the shelter picked her up, took her in and then brought her back to me. It only took about an hour. Anyway, she hasn't been herself since. She's a bit lethargic and won't eat. She'll attempt to play but doesn't seem to be able to muster up the energy. Is this a reaction to the shots? Should I worry, or will she be ok by tomorrow? I've never seen this before.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
If she is indeed just a "bit" lethargic and the shots were just done today...this is very normal.

My kitten had a pretty significant reaction to her vaccinations and was extremely lethargic and didn't eat or drink anything for 2 1/2 days.

See my very similar thread from last week below....hopefully it will put you at east a bit.

Just be sure to monitor your baby. But i think reading this will help you.

http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7558

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sooooo much! I really wanted to believe that's what was going on. It makes sense since the behavior began when she got back but I was thinking "What if this is not a normal reaction?" Now I know.

You have put my mind at ease. Thank you. :D

I love this forum!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
:D
Hopefully, little Mango will be able to sleep it off and feel better in the morning. BTW - That is the cutest and most appropriate little name for her too!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I knew that my cat would probably be tired after he had his shots (their white cells are checking out the vacs after all - and I know that takes a lot out of people as well) We just put him in his room - turned off the lights and let him sleep. He slept pretty well through the night - the next day he was bouncing and eatting and drinking like nothing happened.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, she slept all night and woke up feeling better but still a little out of it. She let me know she was hungry and she ate all that I gave her. I guess by tonight or tomorrow she'll be back to normal.

Thanks again for the help! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts