Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my darling little girl who chose me to adopt her! I met several baby kittens at the shelter and spent time with each - this one loved me from the first minute, just snuggled under my chin with the loudest purr ever.

She has been home for 4 days and I have made no progress with a name for her.

Any suggestions?

KristinaM

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
It is okay to wait for a name. I usually wait a week or so, to see what her personality is like. The only exception was with my Winston. It took me and my son about five minutes. He is definitely a Winston. Your little one is adorable! You will give her a great name, just keep watching her actions and behavior.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
How about a classic like... Stella (goes into my Brando impersonation) "Stella... STELLAAAAH..."
I actually like the name too. It's just a suggestion.

What kind of name are you looking for? Serious? Human name? movie character? Mythological? etc?

·
Banned
210 Posts
Name her Truffles!
We named my tuxedo male "Truffles" and haven't looked back.

But incase you don't like that name, here are a few suggestions :

Noodles
Moo
Cookie
Biscuit
Pixel

Let me know if you like any.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem I am having is that I like so many names! And can't settle on one. I'm attaching so much to this, for some reason. My other pets were named rather quickly.

I generally give a pet a name and then proceed to give them many nicknames - for instance, my siamese is William and his nicknames are Willim, Whammy and Whamburger.

My dog Teddy is Bear, Fairby and Mon-mon.

Duffy my golden is Muffin, Mugwumps and Nubbits.

Isn't that ridiculous? But they all answer to all of their names, lol!

I'm kind of leaning toward Minnie Mouse for the kitten, but also love Sadie and Aggie (Agate), and Libby.

Stella is cute, too and kind of fits her.

KristinaM

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Aw, Libby. I just met an adorable little tuxedo girl at another shelter named Libby. She would follow me around the room, always deferring to let other cats play with me, but never getting more than 3 feet away from me and just look at me.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
I tend to disagree with the "wait a while and see what name she grows into." I've named both of my cats before we got them home, and the opposite happens -- you get used to the cat while you get used to the name, and pretty soon it seems perfect.

I've always thought I would name a girl cat Caribou. Other than that, how about:

Lindy
Rosie
Poppy
Posey

·
Registered
451 Posts
Stella was one of my foster cats names, my boyfriend chose the name, she was feral, and I love the name.

Funny thing is... I was ALSO going to mention Sadie! I like that as well for her!

Or.. Pixie. <3

Also can you post some more adorable photos of her? she is beautiful!

·
Registered
58 Posts
My Desmond has a lot of silly names, too. He was originally Sammy, when I adopted him, and it took me several days to settle on Desmond. At first I thought Rocky, b/c he has a tail like a raccoon, but I never really liked that song. But I do like "Life Goes On", and so he became Desmond. Sometimes Desmond Roi (Roi means King, in Irish), Desmond Moo Who (because he moos occasionally), and frequently Desmonster Puddyguy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts