Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat is under a year old, and is a stray I took in and grew to love. We noticed saturday that he didn't want to wake up or move from the bed (which was very unusual), and then began puking saturday night and i took him to an emergency care place this morning. the xray showed that there's something in his intestines and they need to do a few things (a barium test) to first figure out exactly what and where it is (a procedure that costs from 1100-1600) and there's a good chance they would need to cut him open to remove it, which would be another 1500-2500. the x-ray, visit to a stupid after-hours vet, and the IV we gave him to hydrate him and help him with nausa was already 600 bucks, and i'm just a student so my part-time job really can't foot this bill. i asked my mom to lend me money, but she told me that my pet is a stupid investment, and i should put him to sleep.

i absolutely love my cat and he needs immediate medical care, the IV helped him for today so I could wait until tomorrow when regular vets are open, but he can't eat anything and i can tell he's in a lot of pain. I was wondering if anyone knew anything in the NJ area (or PA, NJ, CT, DE- i'm willing to drive where ever) that helps pets in this situation. I'm really willing to do anything to help him- including giving him to a humane society/no-kill shelter so that he can get the treatment he needs and then readopting him. or if anyone has any ideas/knows any vets that are willing to work with me, like allow me to get pet insurance now, do the surgery now, then write a receipt for 30 days from now so I could use the insurance. yes, i know that that is fraud but there are vets out there that actually care about animals and not just money, and my cat cannot eat anything so something needs to be done tomorrow.

i know this is a long post but if you have a pet, then you understand how worried i am. PM me with any advice, and thanks in advance I really appreciate it

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hope you are able to find some help. I don't know of anything except take him to your regular vet today and get their opinion, they may offer some different options.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Your regular vet may be able to put you on a small payment plan and/or reduce the fees for you.
Good luck, I hope you are able to get your kitty back to good health.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts