Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat is peeing on my bed whenever I am gone overnight. I spend all day with her when I am not at school or work (mon-sat) and I spend sun at my boyfriends house. And everytime I get back on monday she has peed. It is most likely due to stress- she is confined to the downstairs with one other cat due to her aggression with the others. I got her fish to watch and entertain her while i am gone but she is still peeing. I have put so much time and money into keeping her happy but I have run out of ideas. What do I do (she is my baby- getting rid of her is not an option)?

·
Super Moderator
26,658 Posts
Welcome!

Are the litter boxes being scooped by someone during the time you're gone? Some cats are extremely picky about their litter boxes and won't use a dirty one, or a really dirty one.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Would it be possible to add a second litter box downstairs? In case the other cat is blocking her path to the litter box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there are three litter boxes downstairs (only two cats). One of which is in my room and the other cat doesn't use. There all scooped daily-every other day

·
Super Moderator
26,658 Posts
Hmmmm, daily - or every other day? Every other day is not good for lots of cats. Their sense of smell is much better than ours, and some simply won't use a smelly cat box. So while you're gone, are they scooped? If not, that could be your answer, since that seems to be the only time she misbehaves.

Have you taken her to the vet to see if she could possibly have a UTI?

Here's a good link to read, maybe there's an answer in it for you:

Why Did My Cat Pee Outside the Litterbox? | Little Big Cat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts