Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father- in -law found two abandoned kittens where he works. he brought them home for me to bottle feed. One of them is doing pretty good but the other one seems to be constipated. The kittens are about 2-3 days old. I am feeding them KMR and am also stimulating them to go pee and poop. I for the life of me cannot seem to get the one to go #2 at all. I am concerned for him. I have called the vet and he said to just keep trying or to insert a Q- tip a little in the rectum. The q - tip is too big. I was hoping that someone here could give me a little advice. Also I do not have the budget to take them to a vet. Someone pls help. T.I.A

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have raised my share of bottle babies. The advice of my vet was to add a few drops of karo to the formula to help them poop. Just remember its only a few drops. And don't worry if they don't poop everyday. If theres anything else I can help with just let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much all. Cybeeb I will try that. Thank you so much. I hope I can give this kitten much needed relief.
Chester's mom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts