Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I unfotunately did my research a bit late. I just read the nightmare stories on Hartz's flea drops. I was given a six month supply of the Revolution from my vet yesterday but I figure I'd use up my Hartz supply first. Now I'm paranoid and scared. I put the drops (the entire tube) on Murphy last night. Granted this morning he was perfectly fine that I could see and also, I put the Hartz stuff on him a year ago and he was fine; nothing out of the ordinary. So at this point I'm at work and want to check up on him at home - what should I do to get this stuff off him? Or is it inside his body now? Obviously now, I'll use the Revolution stuff, but I'd like to make sure that poor Murphy will be ok and get the stuff out of him as much as possible. Please help... :!:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Annissa - thank you for the link and sorry that I didn't search a bit more (still in panicking frame of mind since I'm all the way at work and Murph is alone at home). I gave him the drops around 11 last night and he was his usual self this morning. I'm really hoping and praying that the little guy is ok. Will check on him as soon as I can. I'll call the vet also; will give an update as I get more info.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I hope it didn't seem as though I was annoyed at linking another thread. I'm really not. When you feel you have an emergency on your hands, I don't expect you to search through months of threads to see if someone else posted first. Honestly, if you or anyone is worried about your cat in any way...well, that's what we're here for. Linking was just the fastest way I could think of to get that information for you.

Again, good luck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no - I didn't feel as if you were annoyed. I'm more active on other forums and some of the more "seasoned" members tend to get short with newer members since they don't use the "search" function and just post away. I just didn't realize I fell into that predicament this time. I'm usually like you; show more mercy to new members and such. No hard feelings - I'm glad this forum is friendly enough where they overlook the newness of a member and offer genuine care and help :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've only just heard about this scary Hartz Flea drops thing! I've always used Advantage during particularly bad flea times on my cats, but my mom has always purchased the cheaper stuff from the grocery store. I'll be calling her tonight!

Hank - from what I've read, it sounds like the symptoms start fairly quickly, within hours if not minutes, so my guess is that if Murphy hasn't exhibited any symptoms yet, he will be okay (others here might know more though).

A bath *might* help - I think that this stuff spreads quickly all over their bodies, and then sinks in. After this many hours, I'm not sure if a bath would get any off of him. Keep watching him, and do keep us posted. Poor Murphy - he's having a tough week!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok - I called the vet since it was just yesterday that they looked at Murphy. They told me that if he was fine this morning that he'll be ok. I wonder if there are any hard facts as to why some cats react the way they do to the Hartz drops :?

She told me that it would be ok to put the Revolution stuff on him next week sometime. A bath or shampoo won't help so Murphy will be spared that :D

Thank you all for your support and help. I hope Murphy is doing fine at home; sleeping his day away (wish I could do that sometimes). Will update later tonight on how Murphy is doing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts