Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I really really need help with my kitten. Got her from a shelter last week and she was fine initially. Had her de-wormed. She stopped eating two days ago and seemed real dull. Had a few bouts of mucous-y.Took her to the vet, was given antibiotics, a vitamin supplement and asked not to worry.
The vets here are pretty useless, my kittens been acting real strange. She has been sitting in the bathroom, and today, I found her sitting placidly in a bucket of soapy water! She fights like **** when i force feed her medicine and 2 ml of Yakult (probiotics) twice a day. Has not eaten ANYTHING, continues to be depressed; she can't even meow. Please help I dont want to lose her.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What did they say was wrong? Most cats will fight the suringe! Try warming up some canned cat food or tuna(dont make the tuna a habit can be bad for cat if given regularly) If cats cant smell they wont eat so warm up the smelliest cat food or tuna & see if that works.If she has loose stools you can give her non-flavored pedialite to keep her hydrated(prob. have to force it down to...sorry)If she wont eat you can try some chicken broth. Dont give any other meds on top of what shes takin.IF they have her on vitamins give to her every other day cats have a slower metabolism &for her age it may be too much also antibiotics &probiotics can cause loose stools maybe decrease probiotics. These are just suggestions as you didnt give a lot of details. Also, cats do strange things all the time come to my house and watch...lol

·
Registered
683 Posts
Kittens can fade away really, really fast if they are not eating. I suggest you take her to the emergency vet. Dehydration is a real possibility now.

Good luck with your little one...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too would take your kitten to the vet again, as stated above, they fade really fast. Also as a quick pick me up, try putting a little bit of warm sugar water and get that into her, maybe that will give her a little jolt .,

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
She needs to get back to the vet immediately. She's failing on you. Also, if there was a bucket of soapy water sitting around for her to sit in, it sounds like the house has not been sufficiently kitten proofed...think about what else she could have gotten into that may be causing her issues...she could have eaten something that is poisonous or causing a blockage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts