Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people forget that animals are also in need during a disaster such as the one in Japan. It's not that they are incompassionate, but usually, the focus in the media is on human suffering. I'm trying to raise awareness of the plight of animals in Japan and hopefully, help some of the organizations rescuing the animals.

When a disaster strikes, you have confusion and chaos. Often, pets are abandoned on purpose or lost accidentally. These pets formerly dependent on their human companions for their well-being are forcefully thrust out on the streets with no food, shelter, and possibly in need of medical help. They cannot speak and most certainly are too frightened to approach any strangers by themselves. Their nearest and dearest humans are nowhere to be found and they are alone amidst the rubble and destruction. I tear up when I think of them.

I've already donated to the World Society of the Protection of Animals (WSPA) and will also donate to World Vets. They are the ones who fly out vets, volunteers, supplies and wander the streets searching for animals in need. Please donate or even volunteer if you are able.

World Society of Protection of Animals (WSPA)
World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA): the latest news on animal welfare and animal cruelty issues

World Vets
World Vets - Volunteer Veterinary Projects

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Awww!!! I sure hope the animals ver there get help too. A friend of mines told me that her best friend back at Japan past away in the earthquake.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This brings tears to my eyes. It's so very very sad. I have my own furkids and of course my job to be responsible for. Otherwise, I'd be on the next plane out to help. The only way I can help is to spread the word on the existence of this issue and bring focus to the groups who CAN help directly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts