Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the park today, after my first aid/endurance training.

There was a very thin, small black kitten. I asked around everyones answer was "it's a stray, its been walking the town for a few weeks now."

I am bringing it some food in a few minutes, but what I'm really asking is what should I do about it? I may take matters into my own hands, get him(her??) neutered/spayed. Get all vaccines up to date, and try to see if the SPCA will put up a posting on their website for him. and try to find him/her a home.

I know that if I don't help this cat no one will, a little girl held the cat(but not gentle enough) and it scrached her, but I would scratch too if a 7 year old was lifting me.

I'm leaving now, but I really need to know what I should do. I really hope to find her a forever home, if all else fails. I am willing to take her in, or my family may be.

I need to know, what would you do in my situation.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I think I love you! :love2
:wink ...and I'd do *exactly* what you are doing.

I'd have picked it up, brought it home and then made a cozy holding-place for it while I cared for it. I have 5 kittens right now ... same story: abandoned, full of fleas, worms and on the starving-side.
They need us. We help.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't agree more.

All the other cats I have helped, have all wound up in loving forever homes, and I havent seen them since.

She will be there again tomorrow, and I will catch her, get an ap at the vet for a checkup.

It will all work out, even if it means my family has grown.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Oh my heart ached when I read about that poor little kitten. You are so wonderful to rescue it. I would love to hear what the vet says and what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts