Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, I had a kitten that at first all she ate was wet cat food and I hadn't yet heard of the mixing issues dealling with bacteria. I would recommend trying to get them to eat the very soft (yet dry) pellets. They are still soft but there is no "gravy" at all. I would mix the wet and dry dood but AS SOON AS THEY ARE DONE IT NEEDS TO BE THROWN AWAY!!! I did this and now she eats dry food all the time and I give them some wet food about once or twice a month as treats. Nothing ever happened to my kitty mixing, but only do it if you feel comfortable and have researched what vets say. Hope that this helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, I wish that all my cats would cooperate and all eat at the same time but they don't so I have no choice but to free feed w/ dry food. Plus I work 11-12 hrs a day and I am not able to come home and feed them. I would like to start a feeding schedule for them but they are difficult and picky. How often should I feed them? I leave for work at 6:30 am and return at about 7:00 PM. Could I only feed them twice a day? But another thing is My cats all range frome ages 13 yrs-11 weeks so aren't the nutritional needs (especially for the little one be different?) and they are all used to free feeding since it's all I've ever done....just wondering

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.