Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom and I have been so distraught...

Her family lives in Tokyo - my aunts, my uncle, many cousins and their children. She's also worried about so many other people she knows - everyone she knows from her school days, family friends...

They have food for now, since they keep a whole pantry of emergency supplies in case of earthquake, but my aunt said the stores are all empty, so I hope they have enough to last. They are staying indoors for now out of fear of radiation.

Please send prayers...

Fran

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
I have a friend in Toyko - he refuses to leave and return to the UK at the moment but I am certainly a little concerned for his safety (you *know* him, Hugh, you've had 'debates' with him on my facebook page).

I can't imagine how it must be out there for the worst hit areas. People have lost everything - just awful. :(

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I am in awe of the grace and poise of the Japanese as they face this horrible tragedy and the loss of their loved ones. I was watching the news last night and they interviewed people who had lost everything and the pure strength was incredible.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I have a friend in Toyko - he refuses to leave and return to the UK at the moment but I am certainly a little concerned for his safety (you *know* him, Hugh, you've had 'debates' with him on my facebook page).

I can't imagine how it must be out there for the worst hit areas. People have lost everything - just awful. :(
I'm sure he'll be ok. The risks in Tokyo are slight, at the moment at least...

The nuclear situation still isn't great, but it's not dangerous for the wider population atm.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I know right. My friends friend( Who are both Japanese) passed away in the earthquake. She told me this yesterday. So yes I'll pray for the people.

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
It's very sad.

My husband and I work at engineering firms. He's a mechanical engineer in the Nuclear sector of his company so the talk about the plant has been pretty much non-stop. I've learned a lot more about how those plants operate than I thought I'd ever known. Has got to be scary for those near it...I've def. got them in my thoughts and prayers!

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
It is all so heartbreaking. I agree with Krissy- the grace shown by the Japanese people is really amazing, but I still hope that they get at least the basics (food, water, warmth) soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts