Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday, Febuary 3rd, my grandmother (my mom's mom) wasn't feeling good with her stomach. It was hurting so she passed it off as maybe something to do with the Wendys hamburgar she was eating. Well, Saturday she was very weak and was even worse. Sunday, in the afternoon she called my mom and said her heart was pounding hard and fast. Well, my grandmother was taken into the hopsital where some tests where done. The stupid ER doctor passed it off as the flu. :x Well, they took some Xrays and turns out she was bleeding somewhere. :( They didn't know if it was in the stomach or colon. Well, we went down there Sunday night. They admitted my grandma and we spent the night (my mom, my brother & me) at my grandma & grandpa's house. Well, the next day my grandma's blood dropped to 6. 8O And EGD was done and turns out my grandma had a tear in the esophagus along with several little ulcers that were healed. They kept my grandmother for a week because she need IVs and a blood transfusion. She came home on Saturday and we stayed until yesterday. Please pray for my grandma that she will heal soon.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this about your grandmother.. i know how dear these people are in our lives. i will definately keep your grandmother in my prayers and hope she gets well soon. keep us updated on her condition.

(((HUGS)))

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I will pray for your grandma.
Almost the same thing happened to my dad...he was taken to the hospital because his heart was pounded and he was out of breath. They found out he was loosing blood and eventually found that he had torn his esophagus. In his case, it was possibly caused from him taking non-coated asprin and the asprin weakened his throat. When he choked on some food, it caused the esophagus to tear. He did lose blood and required some transfusions. It took my dad a little while to feel totally normal but he is doing great now. I hope your grandmother feels better and better every day and that she is able to prevent this from happening again! :)

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Catlover, I'm so sorry to hear that your grandma is ill. I feared something like that was going on in your family since I haven't seen you on the forum lately. Sounds like she's been through a lot! Let your grandma know how much you love her...that will definently help her heal quicker! I'm sure she'd like a home-made card and poem from you! :D

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody for your kind words. Dr. Pelman (the one who discovered her tear and ulcers) thinks it's from the Motrin she took.

I'm sure she'd like a home-made card and poem from you!
That is a great idea! Thanks.

Wow so much stuff is going on. 2006 isn't turning out to be such a good year so far, like 2005. :(

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Des, Lymekaps, mdmenagerie, & Crystal. :D

My grandmother feels alot better although she has gout in her ankles. :( Dr. Moom (family doctor) put her on a medication for it. Her blood is back up to 12 thanks goodness. :D I'll keep you all updated. Thanks again for all of your warm thoughts, guys. Means alot to me. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts