Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to ask that everyone take a moment to hug, pet, love on your animal friends if you aren't already doing so. 8)

In my spare time I enter data into an online animal cruelty website. The cases range from animal hoarders, dog fighters, evil breeders to just plain torture. Among the very sad headlines I am entering right now include:

Dog's Ears Cropped with Scissors
Four Cats Poisoned
Dog Skinned and Left for Dead
Kittens Thrown from Vehicles
Puppy Set on Fire
Parrot Allegedly Choked to Death
Cat Beaten and Drowned

I volunteered to do this, but when I first started I had to stop for a while because I just didnt want to read this stuff anymore. I didnt know how many cruel people existed and it made me so mad. I look at my kitties faces and cannot imagine how someone would want to hurt something so innocent (as devilish as they are sometimes :wink: ). It makes me thankful that my cats are MINE and they didnt end up in the wrong hands. I am also thankful that there are people like the ones on this forum that outnumber the ones I have to read about.

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled forum...hehe....

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I can't imagine how strong you had to become to keep doing the volunteer work you're doing. I also had no idea how sick some people are until I started reading similar stories on forums and sometimes the news. I cannot fathom why anyone would do this to animals or humans. They really need to be removed from the gene pool. There's absolutely no reason for them to exist, and we have plenty of people in this world already.

*Going to hug my precious little guys*

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
How heartbreaking. :cry:
It must be so difficult to enter all that horrifying information. You are a good person to do it.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
When I read or hear about animal abuse it simply brings tears to my eyes ...I hope so so much there is a beautiful place where they find forever happiness.
On the other side it would be ideal for the people that do such acts to repent ..but if they continue on this horrific manner for the wheel to turn for them
However much I try it is very hard for me to forgive people that abuse children and animals

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ditto....I agree with all of you. I hug and kiss my guys every chance I get.

And to jonsgirl: You're a good hearted person. There are lots of sick people in this world and it breaks my heart to hear how cruel they can be to harmless creatures.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Some people are just mean to animals - they think it's funny sometimes to set animals on fire and watch them run around and die - they also don't think twice before they toss a pet out the window that they've had for years or leave them in a carrier when people shouldn't be working outside because it's so hot.

They're jerks who either are insane or they don't want the responsibility anymore and treat the animal in the cruelest way possible.

I swear... I can understand the crazies who kill animals (because they are just out of their minds!) - not that it's right by the way - nor am I condoning it. However, I can't fathom those normal SANE people who LOVED their dog or cat for so many years - took care of them - and then can't take the time to find him or her a home or a no-kill shelter - or at the VERY least uthanize them (so they don't die horrific deaths)... and just TOSS them out into the cold or out the car to die!

People just make me so mad sometimes - the crazies and the normal folks - I think we need to start cheap, mandatory microchipping and find out who the jerks are who keep doing this - then they won't be able to hide anymore!

·
Registered
697 Posts
It's so sad to read these things. Recently near where I live a little girls rabbit was taken out of its hutch and set on fire by some sick kids. The little girl heard the noise and her mum and her came out to find the little bunny a burned wreck. I was torn between tears and total anger.

·
Registered
107 Posts
All these sick stories are good reason to never give away an animal. Always charge something. If the interested party is unwilling to pay even a small amount, then they shouldn't have the animal. Around here it's become more of a concern. We have heard many cases in the news about sick wierdos taking pets for free and then doing cruel things to them. It's a cheap way for a sick thrill. :cry: May those who inflict pain in a cruel manner experience the same somday themselves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts