Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About once a week, my kittens eat a strand of my hair. While this might not sound awful, my hair is 2 feet at longest. Ingesting hair means they pass it, creating poo on a string that they they butt drag everywhere in an effort to remove it. I'm then stuck playing "find that smell" in an attempt to clean up all the smears left on my (mostly) floor. Oh, as well as catching an irritated cat in an effort to snip the dastardly hair, since pulling the hairs out is generally not recommended.

Please, please, tell me this is some weird kitten phase. I find the poop smears incredible disgusting.

·
Registered
245 Posts
every kitten of mine grew out of it.. lol
now when my forehead is being cleaned, they hate if a strand of hair touch their tongue!
never had poop smears in the past though.. lol

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Um, I'm going to call it 50/50, lol.

Torri is 6 and she still can't resist wet hair...but she chomps down on my whole head so one or two times and she gets the message that it's not allowed. (To be clear, my method of discipline with Torri is to yell 'OW!' and shoo her away from my head...)
She's especially drawn to the scent of chlorine, so if I go swimming it takes a few more repetitions of me chasing her off my head.

Doran and Muffin will still sometimes want to play with my hair, mostly if they're feeling kitten-y and wanting to be cradled like a baby. If my hair is loose they're more likely to bat at it.

After all that...Muffin eat hairballs. He goes around the house picking up 'tumbleweeds' (balls of loose hair from corners, or he'll rub them off the cat post...) and shoving them in his mouth. I HATE that he does it *shudders*, it's soooo gross. But he does it once or twice a week anyways.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
After all that...Muffin eat hairballs. He goes around the house picking up 'tumbleweeds' (balls of loose hair from corners, or he'll rub them off the cat post...) and shoving them in his mouth. I HATE that he does it *shudders*, it's soooo gross. But he does it once or twice a week anyways.
There was a lady one time on "My Strange Addiction" that had an addition to eating her cats' hair! It was nasty. I guess if she had Muffin, they'd be fighting over it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts