Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i have a question, my 8 month kitty has started to really smell when she goes to the toilet :oops:

i did have her litter near her food so that she didnt have wonder too far to use the toilet, but it just got too strong to keep in the living room so i have moved it to the laundry, but that is too small and because it is closed up it smells worse
i was wondering if there is anything out there that could help with the smell?

thankyou

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

sorry, it is her poo, no she hasnt been wormed latley and just about 1 and a half weeks ago i took her off kitten food and started her on cat food coz i she was starting to eat more and show more of an appetite..... finally lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
is it canned cat food you are feeding, that tends to make the poos smell super bad. :shock:
I would worm cat again, and feed more raw meats like beef and chicken and a healthy balanced dry diet for adults or kittens, like Hills Science Diet.
Canned food is good as a treat , but certainly not as a main diet.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
There is a lot of controversy, especially on this forum, about what is the best food for your cats. My cats eat mostly wet food. I find my cats smell better on wet food but of course that is all going to depend on the food.
I think you should just wait awhile to see if the smell improves, as it could just be due to the switch over. If not, definately ask your vet about it. If there is not physical problem, you will probably have to switch to a food that makes her a little less... stinky.
What brand are you feeding right now? When I had my cats on costco food and friskies (el cheapo, I know - I know better now :oops: ), they smelled TERRIBLE. Now that they are on a prescription diet for weight loss it is a lot better.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey
atm i am feeding her mainly whiskas but i am trying everything else aswell coz she is pretty fussy (arent they all) lol
:lol:

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Just so you know, Whiskas is pretty much the lowest quality of food that you can feed your cat. That is why she is smelling so bad. If you want to learn more about a good food for your cat, there have been many interesting discussions about it on this forum. Maybe someone can direct you towards some of those threads, but I am too tired to do it myself right now :oops: .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts