Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering, how many of you use supplements for your raw fed crew? Which ones? Why?

My raw fed fish-no supplements. They get a variety of frozen foods. I even treat them to the same meats I feed my cats.
Phantom and Patches, my two youngest cats-no supplements
Mooch-omega 3 oils and calcium. Calcium because she typically does not eat much bone. Omega 3 oils because she has bad dander and hates fish. And, I'm allergic to her dander.

Sometimes I throw in DE once in a blue moon and a probiotic with a digestive enzyme if I have a feeling tummies are going to get upset (usually when I buy chicken from a particular store).

So, what do you use and why? Think this might be interesting.

--Beth

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
I don't use 'supplements' but in the mornings my guys get a little pumpkin and in the evenings they get a little homemade plain yogurt.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I basically don't use supplements, except as follows:

I put taurine in Blackberry's ground rabbit or pheasant and sometimes I'll also add sardine / anchovy oil. BB usually eats the ground for breakfast.

I put lysine in the boy's food if one of them seems to be under the weather.

I have just out of date probiotics, but I've barely ever used them.

·
Registered
474 Posts
my part time raw fed kitties aren't currently on any supplements, but i am thinking about throwing in some occasional omega-3, taurine and probiotics for good measure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts