Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sparked by my own love for my polydactyl kitty, tyson, how many of you have a polydactyl cat (a cat that has extra toes)... and i'd be curious to see how many toes your polydactyl cat has! Tyson has a total of 22 toes... counts 7,6,5,4 from front-right paw, counterclockwise :D

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
WOW!

All mine are boring and normal.
Id love to see pictures of his feet!

I use to have a guinea pig who had four back toes instead of three.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's a pic of his front two paws, zalensia! they've grown quite a bit since december, i will post an updated pic when i have the chance to take one... it's his feet that gave us his name b/c it was like he had little boxing gloves! too bad he's very prissy too, just like mike tyson can be LOL :lol:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yuppers. Asim is my first Poly, he's so wonderful, I think it makes them extra smart =p

He has 22 toes in total. 6 on each front foot and 5 on each back foodl.

I need to adopt all the poly's in the world!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
me too! oddly enough, when i adopted tyson, his sister had already been adopted... and the lady "warned" us that his paws were "different"... but of course as soon as i took one look, i was totally in love with my little boy :)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I lived down the street from a family that had one. His name was big foot. As far as I remember, he was a really cool cat.

I think I'm the opposite of you all, because Addison has tiny feet :) the vet makes fun of them every time she sees him.

·
Registered
423 Posts
OK, I managed to get one picture of one of Chuckie's feet, He wouldn't let me get the other one!! :?

I don't know why this picture is so small, it should be about the same as the other pic :?: Oh, well, it still shows his paw pretty well!

Here's the face that goes with the paw!!! He doesn't look happy about me messing with his oaws, does he??:lol:

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
My son and I stopped at a rest area on route 22 in Ohio and got company, the sweetest natured polydactyl ! It was beside a lake, and there weren't homes nearby as far as I could tell. We were so tempted to bring him home. He stayed and shared our sandwiches, and we finally said goodbye to him. I didn't want to take someone's much loved pet. To this day, I wonder if I did the right thing. :?:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Jeanie said:
My son and I stopped at a rest area on route 22 in Ohio and got company, the sweetest natured polydactyl ! It was beside a lake, and there weren't homes nearby as far as I could tell. We were so tempted to bring him home. He stayed and shared our sandwiches, and we finally said goodbye to him. I didn't want to take someone's much loved pet. To this day, I wonder if I did the right thing. :?:
You probably did do the right thing. Houses sometimes get hidden away in the trees and such - so it's hard to judge. And some pet kitties are so friendly to anyone who will give them a pat. I would hate it if one of my cats got out - and someone decided to turn them into their pet. Wouldn't you?

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Oh, absolutely. I hope he had a home.

For a long time I had a beautiful black cat with four white paws visiting, coming in for a meal and some love, and then leaving. I have always wanted a cat like that, but I believed he was only an occasional guest. He seemed to be well cared for, so I assumed he had a home.

Eventually, he stopped coming, and I found out that a young woman who was renting a house nearby had left without notice. I only knew the owners to say hello, and they lived across a very busy road which intersected with our street, so it was months before I discovered that she had left "Mittens" and about 25 other cats behind. Most of them were left in the house. By the time the owners went to the house (because the rent was late), the cats in the house were all dead, and the house was full of fleas and a terrible odor. What a horrible thing to do. :(

Now, of course, hindsight is 20/20, but I could have kept Mittens. I never saw him again, or he would have been mine. I guess he kept going home, hoping his "mother" had come back. :( Poor baby.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts