Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can pool water be bad for cats? My neighbor drained his pool into my yard. He stuck the hose under the fence and I came home to find a big pool of white water in my yard. There are stray cats around and wildlife so I'm wondering if it is harmful.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is really uncool. I would put out fresh water in a bowl near the 'pool spill.' I'd also ask my neighbor not to empty his pool in your yard...stagnant water attract insects which carry vector borne diseases.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Yes. Standing water, Giardia. Fom experience several of us can tell you you don't want to go thru that.

·
Super Moderator
26,659 Posts
Wow, how rude! I Googled the subject and it generally seems it may be okay for the grass and cats and dogs, but it also depends on the mixture in the pool water. Some people go overboard on additives. Lots of people let their dogs swim in their pools, so it can't be too bad.

But still, extremely rude.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have no idea on the water issue- but your neighbor sounds horrible. Were I a less evolved person I would seriously consider dumping my daily litter box cleanings by his front door.

I would definitely check if there were any local regulations regarding water drainage, especially if this is not the first time.

·
Super Moderator
26,659 Posts
Yes. Standing water, Giardia. Fom experience several of us can tell you you don't want to go thru that.
Oops, totally missed that. Yup, bad.

One of the few times an HOA would come in handy.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, how rude!
your neighbor sounds horrible
He's an idiot. He ran the hose under the fence into our yard. When I asked him to stop he apologized and turned it off. Later he stuck the hose under the fence a few feet from our yard and since our yard is lower the water again pooled in our yard. I went over and asked him to stop again. He did turn it off but wasn't nice about it.

I would definitely check if there were any local regulations regarding water drainage
I did check and it is illegal to drain your pool onto adjacent property. If he does it again I will call the police. But I don't want to get into a battle with him because I know he will be nastier than me.

I would seriously consider dumping my daily litter box cleanings by his front door.
Ha Ha. I like the idea but would never act on it.

The water has drained and we've had some rain so I don't think there is any danger now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts