Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We woke up this morning and Nutmeg was terrified of everything! We have scoured the apartment and we can't find anything that would scare her. I went to the store and got a Feliway Diffuser (wow those are spendy!) and a big feather for her to lick and chew on because she loves those. She has seemed to calm down a little but is there anything else I should be doing?

I'm worried about my poor girl.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We live three floors up so she can't see much. Eric thinks she was chewing on the cord to the water fountain (she has a habit of chewing things) and she got shocked because she refuses to go near it.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Hey, that's how Book acted when he chewed the laptop cord. He kept spooking and jumping at stuff.

He settled down later that night.

·
Super Moderator
26,658 Posts
Was she reading Cat Forum last night? Idiots scare me, too.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol! We saw she had a sore in her mouth so we took her to the vet. The vet gave her an antibiotic and said that if that doesn't help the sore she probably has an immune disorder and it was just a coincidence that this happened at the same time as her scare. But she was pretty confident that she probably shocked herself. I wish I could figure out how to make her stop! She is much calmer now. She still won't go by the water fountain so we think that is the culprit.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
wow! good detective work figuring out it was the water feeder cord. poor nutmeg. that was a tough lesson for her.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
heh heh! it must be so frustrating being a moderator sometimes. you guys do an awesome job. :thumb

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Laughing!
We promise to try harder!

My sister had a cat, Otis, which chewed cords. We had the cox cable guy out 3 times to fix the cable cords. Bitter apple spray help curb his need to chew on things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts