Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My older sister took her cat Vinnie to the vet a few weeks ago ad after 3 years of having him, They finally notice what was wrong with him. A few weeks later(Today) she took him again and they said he has a enlarge heart. :( He's gonig for a EKG in a few weeks. I hope he survives through the summer. I'm so sad right now and I bet my sister is too BIG TIME! Don't know if he has some kind of tumor inside or what. He's on 3 meds right now..

Love you Vinnie. :( I don't want to see you get put down if that happens..

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
People and pets can live with an enlarged heart - for many years. Many times it is a matter of treating with medication.
It depends on how early it was discovered and how bad the enlargement is. I would think about seeing a cardiologist. They are used to this, know what the prognosis is, the most effective medications and when to panic or not.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have an enlaged heart, so my doctor says. So I looked it up. No real problem unless it's in the ventricals. You'll need to look it up yourself. So should your sister ten she'll be able to ask the vet questions. My mother had an enlaged heart. She died aged 96. I don't know much about (read nothing) cats with enlarged hearts, but my purpose in posting is to say beware of enlarged vet bills.

My best to Vinnie.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I wonder how he was diagnosed. Mine was with an EKG, but you say he hasn't had that yet. Was he xrayed?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
keeping my fingers crossed for you and vinnie!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah he was x-rayed. They did blood work on him too and it all came out find. It's actually in the base of the heart.. He's going to get a EKG in a month or so.. I think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts