Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Katniss is sick. Again. She had coccidia, doctored her, got better. Then she had diarrhea and it went away a day later. I decided that was due to the tuna I fed them when I ran out of canned food. Now she has it again, and I just noticed that she's lost weight (it's hard to tell because she's long haired, but compared to Finnick and how she was, she is so small). I don't know what could be causing it. She strains when she goes to the bathroom - both peeing and pooping. She did that before when she had the coccidia, and the vet just said it was likely due to that. She is going back to the vet Thursday along with Finnick (who will be getting his shots), so I will eventually know, but I like to be prepared with possibilities.

Finnick is completely fine. In fact, I think he might be getting a bit pudgy, and his poop is normal. So it's just her. She eats more than him too, so I know it's not from too little food. She eats a good 3/4 of the can (3.3) by herself. I'm not sure if she is eating the dry food as they share it, but I doubt he's eating it all by himself.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Have the vet check for any small palpates...but...it could be a disgestion disorder like allergies...and here is the thing...I am simply gaping the name of another stomach disorder but can be found with a simple blood test and is common in kittens...it is a bacteria and not a virus based problem I am thinking of....annnd....the name is sitll not coming to me...but when it does...I will be right back with the name...lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts