Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Several months ago I posted a thread about symptoms my cats were having that including seizure like episodes, sudden leg spasms and a general lethargic appearance.

A few here, including myself, speculated that it may be results of Mercury poisoning relating to canned tuna fish. I was feeding them, on a daily basis, canned tuna fish each morning and had been doing so for several years.

Since I could not afford the expense of the mercury poisoning blood tests needed, I decided to simply stop feeding them canned tuna fish, and replaced it with a chicken broth mixture. They never showed hesitation to eating the new food, so all I needed to do was wait.

Well, here it is many months later and I am happy to report all symptoms are completely gone. Since I have no proof that it was mercury from the canned tuna fish, I can't say for a fact that I found the actual source of the problems. However, I am as certain as one can be that tuna fish was the problem without scientific proof.

In summary, I strongly suggest that if anyone comes along and searches out this post to STOP feeding your cats canned tuna fish as soon as possible. As I mentioned above, I replaced the tuna fish with a chicken broth mixture and all is well.

Thanks all. I felt I needed to report back with my experiences in case someone else has the same issues.

Here is the link to the original thread and resulting comments:
http://www.catforum.com/forum/38-health-nutrition/133935-my-young-kitty-stumbling-her-back-legs.html

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I never feed my girls canned tuna fish, but I'm pleased to hear you figured out the problem and that your kitty is doing better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts