Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gandalf had PU surgery last month, but several blockages and catheterizations in the weeks prior. He has been pretty much coned for the better part of 2.5 months. Now he is peeing, but doesn't use the box. He poops in his box, but wants to pee in selected spots in the bedroom/bathroom. He is not leaking or having accidents, he is selecting his spot. I currently have pee pads down (4) which is helping with clean up, but I want him to go back to peeing in his box full time.

He pees in it when quarantined to a small room unless there is something else to pee on like a towel or rug. Prior to this he was very meticulous in using only his box. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
PU surgery involves removal of the penis, right?

I had a cat who peed where the litterbox used to be if Mom moved it. Cats are creatures of habit. Wherever you had the box before, put it back there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andrea. Yes, PU surgery essentially removes the penis, essentially shortening the urethral tract significantly. He still uses his box to poop in, it is in its original location. He just has an urge to pee in the other places too. On the one hand I'm happy is is able to pee, on the other, I would prefer it to be in his box or maybe just a single pee pad near the box, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts