Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have two cats that are friends - Tobi & Moo. They used to run around and play together.
Moo went the vet 2 days ago and when he came back Tobi (Bengal cat) was not happy. It has been about 2 days now and they have been separated. We let them sniff each other through a cracked door and Tobi hisses like crazy and his tail fluffs up.
We are not sure what to do at this point. Please help!

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
It's because Moo spells "hospitally". Try placing a dab of vanilla extract (or some other scent) on a towel and rubbing it all over Moo, then Tobi and then Moo again, butts included. This way they will smell the same. It may take a couple days for things to go back to normal. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
You repeat it a couple times a day, I guess, since they do groom themselves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you - do you think we should keep them separated? thanks for your help, we really appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
No, I think once the towel has been applied to both, they could be together - supervised. Tobi needs to smell Moo to know that things are okay. Of course, if they fight, do separate them. But hopefully there will just be puffy tails and suspicious sniffs. I think giving them treats together will let Tobi know that being together can mean good things, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a kitty, Zenie, who also hates when anyone goes to the vet! She'll hiss and growl like she's never seen this kitty before, and most of the past ten years, the "offending" kitty was one of her actual brothers!! I usually just take the blanket that she sleeps on and rub THAT all over the kitty who offends her!! It has a somewhat humerous side but she can drag out her histrionics for DAYS and it does get old!! I've never tried vanilla though. I did try the water off of Chunk Light Tuna packed in water......worked EXTREMLY well! Did cause some hairball issues though!!

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Yeah. Tried that. Once.

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
"Tastes like chicken." :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts