Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Call his name, if he come then give him a treat. THis will let him learn his name.

Thats all i got hhehee :lol: [/list]

·
Registered
53 Posts
well i got tiber to sit, when there's a treat involved! just repeat sit, and as he'll keep meowing and circling ya, but as soon as he gets bored enough to sit down and look at you like "what are you doing?!? give it to me!" then you say "good sit!" and give him the treat! Soon he'll sit faster and faster!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have my wife's cat trained to paw for canned cat food in a bowl while I'm holding it. Looks real cute. Not much of a training but it's the best I can do with a cat. Looking forward to getting a dog someday.

·
Registered
33 Posts
when new to a scratching post keep bringing him /her to it as often as you can, and put her paws on it and she'll get the message :wink:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I put treat on top of the cat scratcher when we got our kitty and after that she would always go there and scratch and hunt for treats. It also is very stimulating to them and brings out their natural hunting instincts. Sometimes I hind treats around the house for them to find.

·
Registered
866 Posts
if your cat is jumping where they aren't supposed to, line the area with tin foil. Jumping on the foil will scare them (the noise) and this will hopefully prevent them from doing so.

Also - when my cats are bad, instead of swatting them I usually knock them off their balance (doesn't scare them but they don't like it). Plus it shows authority as showing their stomach is a way of telling that you are in control (they are in a vulnerable position). I usually do this by a swift (but gently) knock to their hind legs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts