Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help posting a picture of my kitties. I'm not very tech savvy so be kind :lol:. I have a picture in "My Documents" but how do I get it to this website? I'm on Internet Explorer. Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
You need to upload it to a photo hosting site like Photobucket. Then copy the link with the IMG tags at each end and paste it into your post.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I need some help posting a picture of my kitties. I'm not very tech savvy so be kind :lol:. I have a picture in "My Documents" but how do I get it to this website? I'm on Internet Explorer. Thanks for any help!
Do you mean in a post on the forums, or like as an avatar or in a photo album?

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
When you're on Photobucket to the right of the picture is a box called image links. Click on the one that says IMG Code, it will copy and then just paste it into a post.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, did that, it says copied but to where? And how do I paste? Don't see anything that says paste. Sorry I'm so dense!

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
There's sites like photobucket and imageshack that are popular for uploading. If I'm just uploading a single picture quickly I use tinypic, you don't need to register to use it.

Since you already have the picture uploaded, it will have some text for certain uses on the page it's uploaded to, one should read for message boards. If you click the text it will likely automatically highlight (if it doesn't, once you've clicked the text press Ctrl and the letter A at the same time) ... after the text code is highlighted you will still have to press Ctrl and C to copy it, or right click and select "Copy" from a list of options.

Now that it's copied, when you're replying to a thread on a message board, in the area you type press Ctrl and the letter V, or right click in the white box you're typing in and press "Paste" ... the last thing you copied should appear right where your cursor is flashing, so it's best to say what you're typing about and then to press enter a few times before posting your pictures at the bottom of your post.

Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!

ezmeray,

Yay! It worked.....that you so much for your detailed intructions. That's what I needed. Here are Ray and Rhonda, my beautiful kitties :heart

·
Registered
256 Posts
ezmeray,

Yay! It worked.....that you so much for your detailed intructions. That's what I needed. Here are Ray and Rhonda, my beautiful kitties :heart
Awesome! I'm so glad it worked. Yeah I thought it'd just be easier to send it over pm--rather than bore everyone with my ramblings! lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im using a Mac laptop and I dont have Photobucket .. how do i upload to the message? i have managed to upload to an Album but thats it

·
Super Moderator
26,518 Posts
You can click on one of the pictures in your album, right click on your mouse, hit "copy", then post a message and right click on your mouse and choose "paste" - that should work. I saw your album pictures - gorgeous kitty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts