Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I would like to share my babies but I can't figure out how to put pictures into a post.

If someone could help me, that would be great.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
larsan,

You have to make sure and upload your pics to something like facebook. Once that's done you go to your newly posted photo of your kitty, right click on the photo. In the menu it'll say something about "image address", that's what you want to click on.

Now come back to the CatForum and start your post or new thread.
You'll notice a little teeny icon at the top of your message that looks like a post card.
Click on that once that is opened now you want to "paste" what you have stored from your posted photo, the image address.
Hit "ok" then its all in the post. You can "Go advanced" if you want to preview what your post will look like.

Good luck, it really is easy, it just looks complicated in words LOL

·
Registered
147 Posts
well, I've also tried several times to post a banner to my signature and it appears to be within the size limits and nothing shows up. I am using my pic from flickr...do I have to use facebook?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
No...and if you do use Facebook, you have to make sure that your settings for your pictures are set to "Public". If they're set to anything else, the picture won't show up. I personally use Photobucket to store my pictures.

·
Registered
147 Posts
well, I think I have it, but when I try to use it as a signature, it tells me that I've posted 5 images and I'm only allowed 4. I used the 240x120, so it's smaller than the allowed size. In any case...I'm learning. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
I haven't moved any of my pictures from my phone to my computer...just because I can upload a picture from my phone, directly to the forum, without having to use some "go between" app...
I would love it, if the same thing was possible from the PC...
I don't have any faith in sites like FB, Twitter, YouTube, etc...
And any photo/video app, would have to have good privacy setting and personal control, for me to think about it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another quick pic question: Does anyone know why my avatar is sideways & how to turn it upright? The original source photo on my computer is not sideways.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
573 Posts
Most likely it's a glitch in the software when your image uploaded. Can you please try uploading a different image and see if this happens again? If it doesn't, then try a third time to upload the original image you wanted and see if that fixes the issue.

Another quick pic question: Does anyone know why my avatar is sideways & how to turn it upright? The original source photo on my computer is not sideways.

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.