Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on the forum able to successfully train their kitten or older cat to use the toilet? Been reading the websites out there on this and can only imagine how nice it would be.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had given this idea a brief thought but figured with five cats, a boyfriend and a roommate I'd never have the bathroom to myself. LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Ralpcor,

I've been reading about it too... even before I got my bengal.
Yes, it does seem nice.
I think it is entirely possible.

I love my bengal.
he's ferociously intelligent,
and can probably be trained to jump through hoops..
such a good baby.

My kitten used to use wood pellets from the previous owner.
There was no odor control.
He's been using arm and hammer super scoop for two days and likes to play in the litter box

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, but what if you have either 2 male or 2 female - then everyone should get along :wink:

bungalowboy - once my kitten is litterbox trained I might try the toilet and see if we make any progress...but like yours, mine currently thinks its a sandbox to play in :twisted:

·
Registered
179 Posts
We once had a cat that trained himself. My mom got up one morning after my dad left for work and heard someone peeing in the toilet and thought another man was in the house, but when she went to see, the cat was on the toilet going #1...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a good cat learning by seeing! I've read that you should do your business in front of em too so they get the idea when trying to train em.

Related - I went to give mine some lunch and found a surprise - in the litterbox = good kitty! :D Considering she was alone in her cage at pound and only info was "a stray", don't know the history on her so not sure how long she was around or even had littermates...with that the first time *home* wasn't an "accident" - I'm a VERY proud papa! :D of course the real test will be when I let her out to more than one room.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts