Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does it always seem like I am posting here. :)

Baxter and Albert love Pounce...we give them one each about 3 times a week.

This morning, after their treat, I left the sealed cannister on the table. I heard some growling later on and something moving around. Went in the kitchen and found that not only did one/both of them figure out how to open it...but they also ate the entire can!

The can says 3 to 5 pieces a week...there was about half a container left...somewhere between 15 and 25 pieces. What could happen? The stuff is made out of mineral oil/egg/malt syrup. I'm guessing just some upset tummies...but should I give them anything to help with what is to come?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good News! Well, after a few hours the culprit was found. Baxter upchucked the whole thing in our bedroom. Interestingly, most of the pieces were WHOLE (not even chewed).

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Pounce

Lucky you! If he had digested it, that much mineral oil would have had a really strong laxative effect. You would have to clean up anyway, but better something from the front end than the alternative! :)

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I doubt it! The forbidden fruit always tastes sweeter--until it comes back up!

I have a butter eater. Whoever it is has kept it secret, but I have to make a point of putting the butter away-every single time, because it will be gone otherwise. Funny,--- when I had the fabulous four for so many years, one of them was also a butter eater and I never caught her. Who's smarter? Well...... :( I know who's not!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No he hasn't learned his lesson...my wife had to chase him away from the mess twice. :lol:

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Hehe well at least his tummy should be feeling better. I always keep my cat treats in cabinets where there is no way my cats can get in. They are just little rascals sometimes aren't they? :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Albert has taught himself and Baxter how to open cabinets. He gets on his hind legs and grips his claws around the top of the cabinet then starts walking backward. I'll try and get a pic sometime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts