Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received this e-mail from our shelter last night...

Roy was brought in to the shelter after a friend of a volunteer found him on the street. We scanned him and discovered a microchip. I found the chip company online and called them. Discovered his name was listed as Roy, and his mom's name and phone number. I called the mom and left her a message, sent her a text, and found her on Facebook and messaged her there too. She called me back a couple of hours later and was shocked we had him. Roy went missing four years ago when she was bringing things into her home and he ran out the door. She spent weeks looking for him and a year going to the humane society checking the dead cats that had been brought in, until she finally gave up. She never got a different cat, saying she felt she was not worthy. She is ecstatic that he has been found and he is not injured. She is currently on a business trip but will be back on Sunday. She will contact me to pick him up as soon as she can. Roy is very lucky he is microchipped.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
AWESOME! I hope a video is made of the reunion! :D:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just as a little follow up to the story, here is the pic of the reunion. Roy's/Tony's owners gave permission to post their picture on the internet on our website and Facebook page, so I think they would be ok with me posting it here.

The microchip info listed the cat's name as Roy, but he had been renamed Tony without the chip data being updated. But regardless of his name, the microchip worked!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Awwwwww...that's so Heart Warming!
Thanks Jeff, for sharing the reunion!
S.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts