Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tues morning my mom called me and told my that my cousin Chrisa had died.

She was a 23 year old woman, with a child. She and I grew up together, living mere minutes away from each other.

Tomorrow (Friday) is the wake and Sat is the funeral.

My family could use any and all prayers that we can get at this time. It was less than a year ago we lost my grandfather, on the same side of the family.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
My sympathies and prayers are with you and your family as well.

How old is her child, BTW, and who will be taking care of him/her? Special prayers and vibes going out to this child.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe he's around 2 years old and last I heard her aunt will be taking him in. Her grandparents are just too old (at least, that's what they say) to take care of him full time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Wishing you and your family only the best at hard times like these. Stay strong. Remember that time and love are the best factors right now. :) *hugs*

·
Registered
552 Posts
Jade, I pray that all of the members of your family will feel God's comforting presence in this time of transition. Remember that one of God's gifts was to give your family each other, so be with them as you are able and be a part of the healing process. He is with you.

A two-year old lad... What must God have in store for this young man, to already be strengthening him like this?

Peace be with you,
Mike

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all very much for your thoughts and prayers. My family did, indeed, feel the warm embrace of God this weekend. We were so very sad about Chrisa's death, but we were accepting of God's choice in how to handle Chrisa's addiction.

Chrisa was addicted to pain killers, more speficically, oxycodone (commonly refered to as Oxy-Cotin). Her doctor continued to prescribe them, even after knowing of her addiction (GRRRRRR!!!!). I was not aware of this until last week. My aunt (her grandmother) had been prayer for God to end her addiction and suffering; this was his way of embracing her.

Her son will live with his aunt (Chrisa's sister) Melissa and she will raise him as an aunt, not as his mother. Chrisa's grandparents will still have an active role in Christian's life.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts