Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just found out that a dear young friend in England who is expecting a baby in early March has been taken to the hospital with very high blood pressure. The baby is stressed so the doctors expect to perform an early Caesarean section. Toxemia is so dangerous for both mother and baby, so please pray for my dear friend, Rhea and her baby. I would be very grateful. Thanks so much. I feel so helpless because she is so far away, but there is no distance God can't reach. God bless.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Jeanie when I was born my mother had toxemia. Of course then they didnt have all the technology they do now. My mom just thought she was sick. I was carried to full term, however was born with alot of complications. I was only two pounds at birth. Also I had a collapsed lung and heart problems. I was in the hospital for a long time.

Now adays the technology is so good, I am very certain your freind and her baby will be just fine! However I will keep them in my prayers and thoughts.

On a related note, cant you aquire toxemia from cat litter?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I will keep her and the little baby in my thoughts. I strongly hope that there won't be any complications before the term. Is the lady at bed rest?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Oh no poor Rhea! I had no idea she was even pregnant! I guess it has been a while since we've spoken... :shock:

I will keep her in my thoughts and hope that everything works out for her and the baby. :cry:

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm so sorry... :(
I hope she pulls through - I'm sure she will.

My cousin a couple years ago (28) went into the hospital with pneunomia, had a stroke and went into a coma. After a couple months they told the family they would have to decide whether to pull the plug, and a couple days later they felt a slight squeeze from her hand.

Now she's fully recovered and has a baby boy. :) So that made me believe that medical miracles can happen. That coupled with the advancement in medicine. Let's hope for the best!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate every answer, every positive thought, and every prayer. She is in bed, Ioana, and I'm sure the doctors will do their best. I'm a basket case because I can't do anything for her but pray and ask for prayer. Please keep her in your thoughts until she and the baby get a clean bill of health. This is her first baby. She is the young lady whose cat was stolen by the elderly man down the street that I mentioned yesterday. God bless you all for your help.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Jeanie, I am very sorry to hear about your friend. Please don't give up hope - as people have already mentioned, there are so many stories of miraculous survivals. I'm sure the doctors will do all they can. I will keep you, your friend and her baby in my thoughts.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I lass i worked with at school was pregnant, we saw her on a friday she was fine, on the monday we wondered why she was late in, then someone came in and said she's had the baby, i couldnt beleive it! she was only 4 1/2 months aswell. The baby is doing great too.

Her baby will be fine with todays technology

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't heard from her colleague for two days, but I know she is trying to remain calm. Her blood pressure goes way up and then down, and they still expect to perform the caesarean soon. The longer they leave the baby in the womb, the better chance she has of making it. The due date is March 3, so every day (as long as the baby is not too stressed) makes the baby more able to be healthy. What's hard is not being able to be there. I called, but I got a very soft message that I could not understand, which I assumed was the answering machine. I guess he had left for the hospital already. I left a short message, just in case.

This has been an awful week. :( I'd appreciate your continued prayers. It's amazing what prayer can do. :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
My prayers are with you, your friend, and her baby.

My bf's sister had toxemia, but she and the baby pulled through just fine without any major complications.

I wish the same for your friend and will keep you all in my thoughts.

Do keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you so much! I have great news. Her blood pressure is under control, and the baby is doing well, so they're not going to do the C section! She is going to be kept in the hospital until the baby is born however. Please keep praying. I called and emailed and posted to people everywhere for prayer. It looks as if God has answered our prayers and positive thoughts! Thank you so much. I'll let you know if there's a change. I hope the change will be a healthy baby! :D

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great News!

Just call me Aunt Jeanie!!

I got this email today:

Good Morning, Jeanie

You will be pleased to know that little Rayanne was delivered successfully
on Saturday - 5lb 13ozs ( 3 weeks early) . Rhea went into natural labour
- very easy birth apparently !!!! Mother and baby are doing fine. I am
going to see her tonight, so I will give her your love. She thinks she
will be home in a day or two all being well.

Thank you all for your prayers. This well being of this little lamb has been in doubt since my dear friend first got pregnant, and now she's here. Thank God!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts