Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tweezer has not been acting right lately, not eating as much and drinking more then usual. I made an appointment at the vet for Saturday but last night he got really bad. He seems to have lost the strength in his legs and may be having seizures. He curls up and his paws go almost as if he is making bread, but he is not unconscious. I will be taking him to the vet as soon as they open this morning but I am very afraid for him.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Prayers and positive thoughts to you and Tweezer. Let us know what the vet says.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
All my good thoughts are headed your way for Tweezer. I really hope it's not serious and you can just worry about popping pills for a while.

For what it's worth, the way we knew Rookie was having seizures was because she peed all over herself each time it happened. If Tweezer isn't peeing all over himself, it may not be a seizure. Please let us know how the vet visit goes.

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
No, not little Tweezer!!!!! Fingers and paws crossed here. Cleo sends extra special purrs for her guy. :blackcat:

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tweeze is anemic and has some sort of secondary infection. What I thought could be a seizure could be stress. For now he is on Clavamox and Prednesolone. If he doesn't respond fast they will mix up some Doxycycline for him. Once a FeLV+ cat becomes anemic it can be difficult to get it turned around. I will be sending out lots of questions to my feline leukemia group.:(

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Hugs and prayers - let's hope your quick attention to this gets him back to good health fast! :patback

Fran

·
Registered
243 Posts
Best wishes to Tweezer! It's so scary to deal with such a situation. I hope the pills help and he recovers soon. Hugs and prayers to you guys!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I hope you're able to get the answers your looking for from your group and that Tweezer soon turns the corner...keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts