Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying for the last 1.5 months to transition Krystal to raw food, but she has been vomiting up about half of the raw food I feed her. However, I think I finally found a solution!

I was telling my dad (a serious vitamin fiend) about Krystal's problems, and he suggested a probiotic for her. All I could find initially was a PREbiotic called "GNC Ultra Mega - Digestive Health Complex". I tried a few drops of that with each meal (any more than that, and Krystal would turn up her nose). However, that didn't seem to help the vomiting.

Then I found an actual probiotic powder called Geneflora. I have been giving Krystal the prebiotic in the morning, and the probiotic in the evening, and she is finally, FINALLY keeping her raw food down. Only one incident of vomiting in the last week. I'm so excited!

I just wanted to pass the word along to anyone who has had a problem with the transition. Maybe some prebiotics and probiotics will help their kitties too. :smile:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I think I will try to ween her off the pro- and prebiotics in a few months. She definitely needs the extra assistance for her sensitive tummy right now, though. But I'd like everything to be as natural as possible eventually. :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Although I do not have this prob, this is definitely interesting news! I didn't know that probiotics can help but it does make sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts