Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family recently adopted a cat, and we have been in disagreement for over a week about what to name her. On Friday, I put my foot down and started calling her Aiko, a Japanese name meaning "beloved little one." My brother also likes the name Aiko, and my mom has settled for it, but my dad says that it doesn't fit her. (He wants to call her Helen, to which my brother said, "Over my dead body.") I agreed to rename her if we could find a good name suggestion that we all agreed upon. Do you have any ideas?

Here are some pictures of her:

·
Registered
224 Posts
The first name that popped into my head after looking at her is Molly

·
Registered
117 Posts
I really like Aiko for your little one. If your family can't agree on that, the names Amy and Priya both mean "beloved". There are variants/related names to Helen, such as Nell/Nellie, Eleni, Lainey, Elena, etc. I am partial to Eleanor with the nickname Nell, though I personally plan to save that one to possibly use for a human child one day. ;)

Looking at your kitty, some other names that pop to mind: Sally, Xanthe (pronounced ZAN-thee), Frida, Lola/Lolita, Sylvie, and Kaori (for another Japanese name).

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I like Aiko, partly because, for some reason, I like the Ko suffix the Japanese use. However, looking through the names suggested, I like Nellie. To me she looks like she could be a Nellie.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I call my girls Nelly as a nickname (mainly Nelly Noisemaker... They are very vocal).

I like Molly too, such a sweet name for a cat. My OH's Mum had a cat called Molly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts