Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Yesterday, we took Zoey for her spaying surgery. When we got her home, we noticed that she is extremely skinny compared to when we dropped her off. Her lower body is approximately half the size as before the surgery. Do ovaries and uterus compose of that much of her body? I would guess that she probably lost 1lb (she was only 6lbs before). So, we were guessing maybe she got preganant before the adoption, and after 1 month (since adoption), her belly was full because of the preganancy? We are just guessing, but if anyone know what may be causing the drop in size, please let me know. Thanks!

Shirley

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I don't know, but my cat was pregnant when she was spayed. The "complications due to pregnancy" was an extra $30 on my bill. I don't think it would be very moral of a vet to do that without consulting you first.

The vet would definitely know, so you should probably call him/her for the answer.

·
Registered
656 Posts
In my experience, for a few days after their surgery there bellys are sunken in. I think it is like this not only because they removed organs but also because it hurts them.

In a couple weeks her belly will fill back out agian, probably bigger than before. :D

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I certainly hope not! A vet has no right to abort kittens without the permission of the owner. I most certainly would call and ask to speak to the vet personally. Sadly, I have discovered lately that even a human patient has few rights. I have had tests done on me in a covert manner in the hospital, and last year, the vet performed tests on my cat that were not authorized. I couldn't believe it! I will not go back to that vet, of course. I raised so much fuss, they didn't charge me. Well, the price had been settled up front, and it was in black and white.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Female cats have a "sunken in" belly after the surgery, that's prefectly normal. She should be back to normal in a few days.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Yeah, I was a bit worried after I had had my Sol spayed, but I checked it up with the vet and he said it's perfectly normal. I've checked with other cat owners to and yes, it seems like all females looks that way after being spayed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts