Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Here is a very comprehensive site:

http://www.cfainc.org/health/reproduction4.html

My cat always wanted a lot of attention, tried to open closet doors, cried if I left her alone, and washed her private area often. If you keep an eye on her, you'll notice a watery, bloody discharge and then the mucous plug. I'm sure you have a cozy, warm and private place for her to have her kittens! You'll get all the info you need from that site! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Congratulations! :D

My devon acted just like Jeanie describes. Very cosy, very clean etc. About two days before giving birth she quit eating, which is a normal behavior. Some cats stop eating while others continue. She never left my side (until it was time to give birth).

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I hope you'll keep her in from now on. The kittens could get hurt outside-predators, rain, chill, dogs, tom cats, etc. I would not let her out, no matter how much she coaxed. Until she's spayed, you'll probably want to keep her in anyway. Cats can get pregnant while nursing their kittens, within a few weeks, and one source said, within four days! Four days really surprised me, but it was a dependable source.

Are you in Birmingham, England or Alabama? My parents were British; that's why I'm asking.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in birmingham which is in britain. We have been keeping her in all this week. And yeah i read that they can get pregnant at short as 4 days after!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts